MAXIMUM EXPOSURE, MINIMAL COST. HOW QUALITY CONTENT AND SMART PROMOTION DROVE A PHENOMENAL AMOUNT OF VIDEO VIEWS FOR SERATO
Objectives & Results
The objective was to generate maximum video views whilst minimising avg. CPV
- 60% less media cost.
- Gained a 145% increase in views.
- Reduced cost per view by 84%.
- Helped the first Icon Series Video break through the 1million viewer mark, at just pennies per view
- In a single month, generated close to 500k views at less than $0.03 CPV
Serato creates world leading audio software for professional DJs and musicians.
Serato is based in New Zealand and has partnerships with many highly regarded
hardware, software, and record industry companies worldwide.
The Icon Artist Series is a diverse, hand-picked collection of artists who represent
and epitomise the Serato ethos. They include DJ's like Fatboy Slim, Erykah Badu,
Mix Master Mike and The Gaslamp Killer.
Given the popularity of video amongst the Serato and DJ celebrity fan base, as
well as the reach and targeting potential of YouTube, YouTube Promoted Video
was an obvious promotional platform choice to amplify and extend the reach of
the Icon Artist Series Videos cost effectively.
FIRST’s goal was aimed at generating maximum video views whilst minimising the
average cost per view. (CPV)
Read below to find out how we reduced cost per view by 84% while increasing video
views by 145%
Approach & Outcomes
By focusing on a few key elements, Serato & FIRST managed to gain some
impressive exposure and reach very cost effectively for the launch of the first few
Icon Artist series videos.
1. GREAT CONTENT – The foundation for success when promoting content is to focus on providing value to the end user. The Icon Series videos are very well put together and by working with true DJ’ing Icons they also leverage ‘star appeal’ amongst fans.
2. CREATE A COMPREHENSIVE PACKAGE – To maximise Serato’s presence on YouTube, the key was to develop multiple engaging videos and a channel to showcase them. Serato have a plethora of engaging videos and content to delight DJ enthusiasts.
3. ADS – Like other Google ads, Promoted Videos are managed through AdWords and follow a similar format to paid search.
Where possible, the thumbnail of the Icon video’s and ad-copy reflected the nature of the video so as to attract the right audience. We used words and terminology consistent with the video content which would appeal to DJ enthusiasts.
4. KEYWORD CONSIDERATION – We used keywords that related closely to the Icon videos we were promoting.
5. BID MANAGEMENT – We set a cost per view goal to determine what our expected volume and budget would be each month. We managed to reduce bids significantly without sacrificing volume after the campaigns gained some momentum.
"Showing how Icons of the DJ'ing industry have embraced Serato software to enhance performance plays a big part in driving awareness and adoption by our target market. FIRST has driven a phenomenal amount of traffic to our YouTube promoted videos while driving the cost per view down through the floor ”
-MORGAN DONOGHUE, Chief Commercial Officer
Key Insights to get the most from Promoting YouTube Videos
--> DOWNLOAD THE FULL CASE STUDY HERE >>
- Paid views drive organic views over time
- Interact with your audience. Participating in the conversation will help boost credibility, reach and brand positioning
- YouTube visitors are looking for video content, so their search habits differ from traditional search. Just moving keywords from Search campaigns to target on YouTube is not advised.
- Invest the time and resource to create killer content – success hinges on this.
- Headlines that contained the Artists name tended to increase click to views.
- The great thing about YouTube TrueView ad format is that you only pay when viewers choose to watch your ad