Optimizely.com has released their Q2 2015 Benchmark Report – a comprehensive report on how A/B and multivariate testing has changed the way companies create ideal experiences for their customers. If you have questions around Conversion Optimization, this report will give good insights.
Conversion Optimization / Experience Optimisation is a fast-growing area of expertise, and is being adopted and resourced as a competitive advantage for marketing, growth, product and engineering-focused organizations around the world. Optimizely.com surveyed digital channel owners to uncover just how they think about and allocate resources towards their programs.
This benchmark report answers questions like:
- How often do teams optimizing run A/B and multivariate tests?
- What are the top benefits that optimization programs are seeing?
- How do optimization teams manage their experiment process?
Download your copy of the Optimizely Benchmark Report here
BONUS Download: Charts from the Optimization Benchmark to use in your next presentation to your team, client, or executive!
Below are some easy to implement sample questions you could be asking on your feedback widgets to help improve your conversion rates. These questions are great examples because they’re highly specific yet can be reworded to suit your individual needs.
- Would you feel more comfortable using a well-known payments merchant such as Payment Merchant X on our site, and if so would it increase the likelihood of you making a purchase with us?
- Are there any parts of our checkout process you find difficult to complete?
- Of the following items, which do you feel needs the most improvement across our Product pages and why?
- Of the following items, what would increase the likelihood of you making a purchase with us?
- Varied payment options
- Free shipping
- Bundled item discounts
- Members only benefits
- The ability to donate to a charity
- Have you ever left our website/landing page frustrated because you could not complete a task, and if so what was it? What do you recommend to improve our usability?
Whatever you choose to ask, remember that the quality of the answers you get will only be as good as the question you’ve asked.
See the full post here and learn more around:
- Will a customer feedback campaign add value to your business?
- Do you have the resources you need to execute your customer feedback campaign properly?
- How should you frame your questions?
- Evaluating your customer feedback during AND after the campaign
From the SmartInsights blog: Some say the world is moving faster than ever, I am not sure how true that is compared to the past but things change quickly, entire industries change in a year. Waiting for the “right” time or putting all your hopes on one big project is futile and will always fail. Big projects are not exciting, they are long, painful and expensive. What is exciting is living, marketing and working in the moment, with one simple caveat, use data to inform the filters on what you will do versus not. An always on optimisation strategy will:
- You learn daily and can apply knowledge to the next day / week / months activities rather than waiting months for data.
- Create a culture of innovation and idea generation.
- Understand what actually does change consumer behaviour and drive results (instead of relying on best practice or case studies which can be incredibly misleading).
- Help you and others understand the importance of data and prioritisation
- Will help you celebrate more and therefore keep people motivated.
Read the full post at http://www.smartinsights.com/conversion-optimisation/investment-in-cro/
According to ConversionXL, value proposition is the #1 factor influencing whether a visitor to your website will “peace out” or continue reading.
When visitors reach your homepage, you have only a few seconds to catch their attention. This requires you to be something they haven’t seen 100 times before.
It requires you to be UNIQUE.
Your value proposition is a statement that communicates the UNIQUE VALUE provided by your business to your TARGET CUSTOMERS
So the question is – “What makes your business unique?” If you can’t answer that, there’s a pretty firm cap on your growth.
So how can you make your value proposition unique?
Read how at:http://blog.crazyegg.com/2015/06/23/unique-value-proposition/
And here is a great infographic from Quicksprout on How to write a great value proposition
At FIRST, we don’t often blow our own trumpet, but I want to share with you the positive feedback our Team has given in regards to our culture here.
We use a tool called TinyPulse to measure the ‘pulse’ internally and to gain staff feedback. Each fortnight the software sends out a question related to our business and culture and people respond completely anonymously, which allows us to get great, unbiased feedback and have a finger on the ‘pulse’.
The question asked to the team a couple of weeks ago was:
“Do you think we’re an appealing place to work for potential candidates?”
The responses were an overwhelming 100% YES!
Additional comments and reasoning provided helped tell the story. Copied below in no particular order:
- “Good team, good reputation in the market.”
- “Depends on what you want in a company, but we’re Industry leaders, challenging roles with opportunity for learning and growth, flat management structure, autonomous, potentially flexible working arrangements. There are no numpties and don’t appear to be any egomaniacs. Can see company is interested in looking after staff (ie pool table, fruit, feedback). All opinions are respected and welcomed.”
- “Flat structure – lots of room to grow and be challenged, and rub shoulders with experts in digital”
- “They will be getting great culture, expertise knowledge, skills and forward thinking people.”
- “Table tennis, pool, magic, smarts, challenges, awesome people, going places”
- “1. Chance to make a real contribution to not only clients but the company too.
2. Room for creativity in approach to tasks
3. Flat structure, ability to learn from other consultants
4. We’re freaking awesome people!”
- “Good work environment – good colleagues – good boss – good heating system”.
…Somehow I get bundled in with the heating system
I am proud to be part of the fantastic team we have here at FIRST!
If you would like to join us, please give me a call 021 191 2244 or reach out to me on Linkedin.